Position: Director of Events
Location: New York
Status: Full-time; Exempt
PACENation is the leading research and advocacy project of New Venture Fund, promoting Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing. PACE is a simple and effective way to finance energy efficiency, renewable energy, and water conservation upgrades to buildings. PACENation promotes PACE by providing leadership, support, data and networking opportunities for the varied universe of PACE market stakeholders, that include private investors, property owners, local governments, elected officials, energy service providers, and more. You can learn more about PACENation at www.pacenation.org.
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic individual to manage the Annual PACENation Summit. The Candidate may also work to produce several satellite Summits in various locations. The PACENation Summit is a 3-day event in Mid-March that takes place in Denver, CO, drawing about 500 people from across the US. The Candidate will be based in NY, but work closely with the Event Management Team, based on-site in Denver, CO.
This position also includes managing the administrative aspect of PACENation’s Membership Program, by tracking payments and overseeing several organizational details. This position reports to the Executive Director, but works collaboratively with the rest of the team, as needed.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Update design and content for PACENation Summit Sponsorship Offerings brochure and conference agenda.
- Manage all aspects of event sponsorship, including: recruiting new sponsors, outreach to previous sponsors, tracking payments, ensuring all sponsors are receiving appropriate benefits and ensuring sponsor satisfaction
- Liaise with registrants to trouble shoot registration problems and ensure customer satisfaction
- Manage all details related to Exhibitor Tables and shipping of materials
- Create online and print content for event marketing
- Design conference menu
- Propose ideas to improve event quality as compared to previous events
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Develop media partnerships and agreements with PACENation’s list of media contacts
- Conduct post event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Manage the Project’s financials through an approved budget and review of monthly financial statements.
- Track payments for PACENation Members, and manage organizational details of membership.
- Any other tasks that are deemed appropriate by PACENation Executive Director
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently, as well as collaborate on team projects.
- Excellent time management and communication skills: active listening, written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational, analytical, research, and project management skills
- Proven experience with corporate or non-profit conference planning and coordination
- Commitment to environmental sustainability
- Proficiency with MS Office, Google Drive, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Photoshop and InDesign a plus
- Undergraduate degree required
How to Apply:
If you are interested in joining the team, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected], with the subject line “Director of Events”. Please let us know why you want to help build the PACE market, and include some pictures from past events you have worked on.
New Venture Fund Careers
PACENation is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.read more